Tuesday, May 18, 2010

01. What a life I lead in the spring.

I have trouble falling asleep. Usually I give up and listen to music, try to find new stuff. I decided I should be a bit productive, so I'm going to start sharing my new finds and old favorites.

Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant

These vocals are absolutely haunting. I've always had a penchant for a capella, and this is no exception. The simple lyrics and rich harmony make for a lullaby.

I have a particularly strong sensory memory attached to this song. Last summer, I had to wake up early to go to New Orleans one Sunday, and fell asleep in the car on the way there. When I woke up, I smelled the interior of the car, felt the arctic chill of the a/c mixed with the warm sun bathing my face, heard the gps directing us where to go, and saw a hazy rue de la monde across the street. My legs had stuck to the vinyl upholstery, and I felt the soft sting and heard the crackle as I lifted them up to get out of the vehicle.

Mmm, summer's almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment