Sunday, May 30, 2010

ZEF SIDE

I remember the first time I heard Die Antwoord, back in February or so. I watched their shortened video for 'Beat Boy' as well as the one for 'Enter the Ninja'. Not only was the music insane, their whole style, this zef movement, totally blew my mind. Like nothing I've ever witnessed before. And they made their way from Afrikaans to English, from South Africa to America, creeping up on our 'underground' music scene and biting it in the ass. This is real music, hard to find anymore.


On that note, I found a gem today, a dubstep mix of 'Beat Boy'.




PS: If not already obvious, I'm sort of changing this from a 'I can't sleep so listen to this song' blog to a chronicling of my new finds. One of these days I'll get someone to fix me up a nicer page than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment